Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! 😀
Jeez, I almost can’t believe 2014 is over. This whole year has gone by in a flash. Like…did this year even happen?! From beginning my 3rd year of college/1st year at University of Houston to the beginning of a beautiful relationship with a wonderful guy whom God has so unfathomably blessed me with–it’s been one awesome year, to say the least. ❤
I’m not the one to make new year resolution, per say. But here is my list of things I will be doing MY best to do/change throughout this year and beyond. I like to call them life changes rather than resolutions, they don’t stop when 2015 is up!
- Have quiet time & prayer everyday
- Be ALL THERE when I’m with my friends & family (i.e. getting off my phone..)
- Find balance with exercise & nutrition for my body
- Be still. Take a break. Chill the heck out. Genuinely enjoy my life.
- Be okay with not being perfect & understand I never will be perfect and that is ok
Well there you have it! Luckily I have the most amazing people in my life how can keep me accountable to making these voluntary changes. I won’t be perfect at it, and that’s ok–hence my last point 🙂
Side note: I finally got my hair cut today. New year, new do. 🙂
Also, this morning I decided to do some cardio after my arm workout this morning. Who am I? To those who know me, they know cardio and I usually don’t see eye-to-eye. It’s a love-hate relationship, that’s for sure! I have been neglecting my endurance & cardiovascular health lately so I’ve been making an effort to get in some good ‘ol cardio a few times a week. My favorite cardio is HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on the stairmaster,
dreadmill treadmill, and battle ropes.
Now onto my new recipe!
- can of tuna (I use solid white albacore tuna in water)
- an egg
- a couple handfuls of chopped spinach
- a couple spoonfuls of feta cheese
- 1 tsp. mustard (regular works, grey poupon or deli mustard would be yummy as well)
- pepper to taste
Shape into 3-4 tuna cakes on a heated skillet. Cook about 3 minutes each side.
Topped mine off with a half of an avocado! This recipe is full of protein & healthy fats making it a nice healthy pick-me-up meal.
Have a blessed & safe New Year’s Eve!