Howdy friends! Couldn’t wait to kick off my blog with a random collection of thoughts & musings, or a Thinking Out Loud post (thanks for hosting it, Amanda!). 🙂 So without further ado…
1. New years resolutions: Yea yea yea, no eye rolls please. I know resolutions are becoming so “uncool” lately, but hey, I still make them and do my best to see them through! (Unless it’s something like “give up sugar”, haha NO.) My first and most prioritized goal is to have quiet time immersed in my bible, soaking up His Word. To be honest, I have really been slacking the last few months with cracking open my bible, and have been feeling a bit “spiritually constipated” (ha, just think about it). My goal is to start my day off with a daily devoltional, bible reading, and prayer to begin my day. Everytime I do so, it really helps set the tone for the rest of my day!
2. Speaking of New Years, I had the most enjoyable New Years Eve I have had ever! My friends and I got together for a fun night of laughs, eats, and fellowship, complete with an awesome bonfire. I love these people to pieces, they are truly my sisters and brothers in Christ.
We had s’mores, which by the way are one of my favorite sweet treats. They remind me of my childhood girl scout camping trips. Speaking of s’mores, am I the only one who loves a super toasty (read: slighty burnt) marshmallow on their s’mores? My friends picked fun at me for setting my marshmallows on fire a good couple of times prior to eating them. I just like ’em toasty 😀
3. I am currently really interested in holistic natural remedies. It all started about a month ago when I came down with strep throat and a cold. Apparently strep+a cold=a flu like combo. Not fun Anyways, the cold has stuck around for about a month and with my status of being fed up, I have been researching natural remedies for infections and overall health. I am currently drinking warm lemon water every morning to sooth my throat, get punch of Vitamin C first thing in the morning, and detox my organs. It actually makes me feel awesome, and I wake up CRAVING warm lemon water. I also am taking 1 tablespoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a day, which apparently is the “ultimate natural remedy” that Hippocrates used. I will keep y’all up to date with my progress back to health!
4. Confession: We still haven’t taken down our Christmas decorations. And I haven’t stopped playing Michael Buble Christmas music on Pandora. And have no intention of doing so. Shhhh 😉
5. Do you ever say a word over and over until it sounds really weird? No, really. For instance, say poodle a couple of times and reallyyy think about the word. Poodle. Poodle. Poodle. #whydoihavefriends
6. Here are a couple pinterest pins that caught my eye lately:
I am officially turning in for the night. I need all the rest I can get to fight off this infection.
Peace out, lovies.